Photo

How much time have I got doc?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 11 August 2024 - 05:46 PM

Picked up a new pair of FT4 Pro shins on the secondhand market, played a single game in them and noticed this crack dead center where the upper strap connects. Don't recall taking any pucks, but I'm sure I got hacked a few times. Still, never had a shin crack in this spot before. Anyone ever had something similar happen? How long did the shins last after the crack started? Any chance to repair? 

1723416165657-vi.jpg

#2 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 11 August 2024 - 05:51 PM

It shouldn’t get any worse than that. I’ve had that tiny pinhole crack happen on almost every pair of CCM shins I’ve had. Dumb design but it’s not really load bearing or anything so you should be fine.

#3 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 11 August 2024 - 05:52 PM

Drill out a small hole at either end of the crack and that should be the end of it

#4 alereflammam

alereflammam

Posted 11 August 2024 - 06:32 PM

Same thing happened with mine. Only on the left side though. The crack hasn’t grown since I got them.

Picked up a new pair of FT4 Pro shins on the secondhand market, played a single game in them and noticed this crack dead center where the upper strap connects. Don't recall taking any pucks, but I'm sure I got hacked a few times. Still, never had a shin crack in this spot before. Anyone ever had something similar happen? How long did the shins last after the crack started? Any chance to repair?

1723416165657-vi.jpg

#5 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 11 August 2024 - 07:50 PM

Good to know, thanks for the feedback guys! I did read somewhere about drilling a hole at the end. Might end up doing that but in the meantime I’ll continue to pay attention to it.