Photo

What would cause numb heels in customs skates that have been perfect?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 22 July 2024 - 06:42 PM

I’ve had my Bauer 1S Customs for a while now. Structurally they are sound and look great. I got them in 2016, they are my third pair and I used them quite a bit until the last few years where I was off the ice quite a bit. However now I can’t go a skate or game without walking out of the locker room with numb heels. Like they fell asleep. I’ve worn speed plates, CCM red foot beds. You name it.

The left skate is a 8.25 E/B and the right is an 8.00 EE/B. +1 quarters/facing. I tried on a retail pair of Shadows in 8.5 Fit 3 and they had to get heat for them to get on my feet. Not sure whether to scrap these and go to the previous rep for a new pair with fit tweaks, try retail maybe retail custom on the website. Most importantly what is actually causing it?

#2 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 22 July 2024 - 07:12 PM

Have you re-baked them? If not, I'd try baking them again. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#3 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 22 July 2024 - 07:33 PM

Have you re-baked them? If not, I'd try baking them again.

I haven’t baked them since 2016 I think. I can give that a shot.

#4 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 23 July 2024 - 12:17 PM

are you wearing the same socks that you always wore? could it be some foot inflammation? if so, re-baking should help.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#5 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 23 July 2024 - 12:21 PM

I started wearing ankle socks, skating, a long time ago for whatever reason. Nothing has changed about my process however I have put on a solid 15 pounds. I’m still a brick but just a heavier one so I wondered if that was a contributing factor. Extra weight essentially making my feet mushier lol

#6 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 24 July 2024 - 12:37 PM

the extra weight could easily be causing inflammation. re-bake and try again.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......