Photo

SLS Shipping BS

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#141 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 22 July 2024 - 10:29 AM

Seel/SLS actual will get paid either way. The fee is non refundable- if there isn't a return they still get the fee. If there is a return, they get the item for pennies on the dollar for what it sold for.

How does Seel get it for pennies on the dollar? They send you a full refund for the cost of the item, which means they are paying the same price as you.

#142 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 26 July 2024 - 04:36 PM

Something needs to be done about this NORTHPROSTOCK guy that lists the same stick 10 times over instead of just doing one listing with a set quantity. It’s literally impossible to look for sticks on SLS now between this guy, PIAS, and the SLS resale accounts. Not to mention half the sticks he’s selling are repaired sticks for $150+.

#143 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 July 2024 - 07:42 PM

I cannot sell anything on SLS. The amount of listings has gotten out of control. It's all SLS accounts, NorthProStock, GearGuyz, and TopFlightHockey, not to mention the recent landslide of counterfeit sticks. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#144 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 26 July 2024 - 08:34 PM

I’m glad someone mentioned him also, this NorthProStock guy is beginning to give me the redass

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#145 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 28 July 2024 - 12:42 PM

Did sideline remove the "send message" button for anyone else? For me to open the chat I have to send an offer and then withdraw it and then send a message

And this new bump thing is wild. Additional 3% if you bump something and it sells, but if you don't bump then your listings get buried under pias garbage.

#146 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 28 July 2024 - 10:31 PM

SLS is telling small, occasional sellers like us to fuck off. Plebs like us don't make them any money. They only want huge sellers with hundreds of listings that are signed up for their PRO+ subscription. 

#147 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 31 July 2024 - 10:50 AM

Buying a subscription to sell something on top of 13% fees or whatever it is currently is certainly a choice.

#148 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 31 July 2024 - 11:04 AM

The SLS resale accounts are automatically PRO+ it seems.

#149 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 01 August 2024 - 07:09 PM

They're now promoting all the PRO+ accounts on the front page and all the SLS resale accounts are automatically PRO+. A lot of PIAS accounts are PRO+ as well. My listings are getting 2-5 views with no favorites or offers. As soon as the SLS, pro stock, and fake stick sellers dump their huge inventories on the same day, my listings enter SLS purgatory and are never seen again. 

#150 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 19 August 2024 - 04:49 PM

Happened again , bought a pair of gloves , that were listed as new. Received them & they are used. A lot of times , you can't tell till you have items in your hand's

#151 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 19 August 2024 - 06:15 PM

Happened again , bought a pair of gloves , that were listed as new. Received them & they are used. A lot of times , you can't tell till you have items in your hand's

Did you file a dispute? Link to the listing?

#152 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 19 August 2024 - 07:21 PM

yes , dispute filed

#153 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 03 September 2024 - 06:36 PM

I paid $10 for a PRO subscription just in case it'd help my items sell. I might as well have lit a $10 bill on fire. 

#154 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 03 September 2024 - 07:40 PM

Forget low offers, haven't even gotten a like or a view in 2 weeks.

#155 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 03 September 2024 - 09:08 PM

Same. Seemingly no views or likes let alone offers

#156 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 05 September 2024 - 06:44 PM

Man, when the big sellers start posting, they never stop. GearGuyz and NorthProStock have been posting tons of listings over the course of an entire day and covering at least 20 pages full of their listings. Every time I post a few listings, they get covered by these huge sellers within minutes. 

#157 markov94

markov94
  • LocationSarnia Ont,...then Lakeland FLA....then back to Sarnia

Posted 07 September 2024 - 08:08 AM

SLS has screwed me 3 times in a month so while I will use them as basically a picture source they are basically dead to me.

What do other guys use other than this fine site to sell their goods?

Facebook Marketplace, Kijiji...etc?

#158 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 11 September 2024 - 05:03 PM

The new SLS update is a joke. You can now message yourself and send yourself offers!  :rofl:

Also, the Seel returns are front and center. Now every idiot that doesn't read or understand how Seel works will think they can return anything for any reason. 

SLS has screwed me 3 times in a month so while I will use them as basically a picture source they are basically dead to me.

What do other guys use other than this fine site to sell their goods?

Facebook Marketplace, Kijiji...etc?

Facebook might be worse than SLS. People will message, "Is this item still available?" then never respond again. 

#159 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 16 September 2024 - 03:56 PM

Anyone else getting hit with spam bots on SLS? I'm getting a ton of them. They all joined yesterday or the day before, favorite all my listings, and send messages with a Telegram number. 

Also, I received a $9.99 refund from SLS. I told them the PRO feature was absolutely useless when my listings get dumped on by SLS/PIAS/NorthProStock every 15 minutes. I average 2 or 3 views per listing. 

#160 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 08 October 2024 - 12:13 PM

I think their new model has made it borderline impossible to sell anything without the pro membership.