Reebok-CCM is #1 in the NHL

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

1384292_10150362752884945_280145004_n.jp

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#2 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I think it's a little unfair because they basically have 3 brands there. Rbk, ccm, jofa.
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#3 dmare13

dmare13
  • LocationOC, California

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

yeah and pretty much all the junior and other pro leagues wear rbk/ccm too, so people step into the show and they wear the gear that has gotten them there basically

Always looking for some Nasty Toe Curves in a Righty

#4 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Would love to see how this chart would look if AHL guys weren't forced to wear Reebok/CCM. 

WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#5 dmare13

dmare13
  • LocationOC, California

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

haha exactly this ^

Always looking for some Nasty Toe Curves in a Righty

#6 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

yeah and pretty much all the junior and other pro leagues wear rbk/ccm too, so people step into the show and they wear the gear that has gotten them there basically

That's why it's the best sponsorship to have. If you wear the gear all time you get used to it and end up wearing it in the show.
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#7 - M

- M

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

That's why it's the best sponsorship to have. If you wear the gear all time you get used to it and end up wearing it in the show.

On the Canucks it's usually the call ups and rookies that use Reebok gloves/sticks.  As soon as they make the team they ditch it for a different brand. 

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#8 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yeah and also combining two categories is garbage for statistical comparisons anyway. How about we compare Reebok/CCM versus not Reebok/CCM?

Now it's 70% not versus 30% Reebok/CCM sticks. 

66% of players prefer to not use Reebok/CCM gloves. 

Just stupid marketing. 

#9 npregler

npregler
  • LocationLA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

i love that the blatantly flaunt that bauer is killing everyone on skates bad...

also notice they are in the hawks room and dont go any place near kane and toews stalls  

"Can I please go to jail for a week to play hockey?"

tumblr | instagram | twitter

#10 Share5746

Share5746

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Would love to see how this chart would look if AHL guys weren't forced to wear Reebok/CCM.

This only says based on NHL players not AHL.

#11 MC917

MC917

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

This only says based on NHL players not AHL.

Right, but as stated above, most players like to stick with what they have been using for the past couple of years or so.

#12 Share5746

Share5746

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Right, but as stated above, most players like to stick with what they have been using for the past couple of years or so.

Yea I guess that's true. I feel like players shouldn't be forced into wearing a certain brand. They should be able to use whatever they want no matter what it is. It's what suites the player not the league

#13 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Truee !

#14 MC917

MC917

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thats why 70% of the players are using bauer skate ! Because they have not been obligated to switch some how in their career !

I can't tell if that's sarcastic or not lol.

Yea I guess that's true. I feel like players shouldn't be forced into wearing a certain brand. They should be able to use whatever they want no matter what it is. It's what suites the player not the league

But leagues like the USHL want to try to make it easier for players because

1. They want it to feel like the NHL

2. The players don't pay for gear. They want to ease the burden on player's already high bills

#15 Share5746

Share5746

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I can't tell if that's sarcastic or not lol.

But leagues like the USHL want to try to make it easier for players because
1. They want it to feel like the NHL
2. The players don't pay for gear. They want to ease the burden on player's already high bills

So are less popular brands more expensive? Over something like reebok?

#16 Share5746

Share5746

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

this was discussed on PHEW awhile ago...

CCM and Reebok lead in some categories for a couple reasons (discussed on PHEW)

...AHL guys for the most part have to use the CCM/Reebok gear via contract... thus, when they are called up, they usually wear/use what they have been wearing in the A while they are up with the big club.

I think if you looked at it strictly from one-way contract guys, the CCM/Reebok brand might lead in the protective categories, but I don't think they come close in sticks and gloves...

Helmets maybe as many guys still wear the 8K and the V08/V10s seem to be quite popular... however the pants are hit or miss too, I feel like a lot of guys will keep most of their gear one brand, but may use a different brand for pants... just my thought

Also, goalie gear.......... shit is foreign to me so I can't really think of what to say on that

Curious as to what PHEW is?

#17 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

i love that the blatantly flaunt that bauer is killing everyone on skates bad...

also notice they are in the hawks room and dont go any place near kane and toews stalls  

The pants, gloves, and skate on the far left are Bauer. Shoulders are Warrior. Found that funny as well

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#18 pdub

pdub
  • LocationBrantford, Ontario

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

If I had to bet, I would say the ribcore is the most used stick in the show today

#19 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

If I had to bet, I would say the ribcore is the most used stick in the show today

I doubt it, I dont see many players using it.

IMO it's the RBZ or NXG.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#20 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Bauer sticks are a whole different story Dupes! ...those NXGs could be G3, C28, etc.

Still a Bauer stick though, even if it's a repaint.

I'm a Bauer man though.