Photo

Will the wings make the playoffs?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

This is the first time in over 20 years there not sitting comfortable in the standing and have a chance at missing the playoffs. As a die hard wings fan this is definitely worrying me!  :eek:

Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#2 Beezy28

Beezy28

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

God I hope not*

#3 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

I've said no to this question at least 6 times in the last ten years. And I've been completely wrong each time, so I never count Detroit out anymore.

#4 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

The Wings are my #1 team by a country mile, but this year, I almost don't want them to make it. That team and management needs a wake-up call big time. Franzen is looking awful, Flilpula looks underwhelming, Ericsson is a joke, Kindl is a joke, and can someone explain to me why we gave up a first round pick for Kyle "Turnover Machine" Quincey? When Justin Abdelkader is on your top line, there is an issue. I understand being without Helm has hurt that team. I absolutely hate Todd Bertuzzi, but at least he would go to the net the rare time he puts two hands on his stick.

There are a lot of issues on this team that need to be fixed and if they make the playoffs I think it would give management the thought that they were fine after all. Missing the playoffs would send them a message that they need to do something big this offseason.  There are some good prospects coming up through the system, but they won't be ready for another season or two. If they want to remain a legit threat even with the realignment, they need to do something.

Teams like NYR, Toronto (I hate admitting that), Pittsburgh, and Montreal have found their strides well and look to have solid foundations going for the next couple of seasons. The Wings, imo, do not have that with their current roster.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#5 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Last few years as well as years past they finish at the top and have over 100 points and are out 1st 2nd round ,
This hear I hope they finish near the bottom and go far. Opposites

#6 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

The Wings are my #1 team by a country mile, but this year, I almost don't want them to make it. That team and management needs a wake-up call big time. Franzen is looking awful, Flilpula looks underwhelming, Ericsson is a joke, Kindl is a joke, and can someone explain to me why we gave up a first round pick for Kyle "Turnover Machine" Quincey? When Justin Abdelkader is on your top line, there is an issue. I understand being without Helm has hurt that team. I absolutely hate Todd Bertuzzi, but at least he would go to the net the rare time he puts two hands on his stick.

There are a lot of issues on this team that need to be fixed and if they make the playoffs I think it would give management the thought that they were fine after all. Missing the playoffs would send them a message that they need to do something big this offseason.  There are some good prospects coming up through the system, but they won't be ready for another season or two. If they want to remain a legit threat even with the realignment, they need to do something.

Teams like NYR, Toronto (I hate admitting that), Pittsburgh, and Montreal have found their strides well and look to have solid foundations going for the next couple of seasons. The Wings, imo, do not have that with their current roster.

I as well agree management (holland/illitch) need a wake up call. I heard a rumor that datsyuk will finish out his contract and play in russia afterwards because they have no one he can play with caliber wise. It was an even bigger shock that they didnt make a move for a defensemen at the trade deadline. Without Lidstrom holding the fort down we have no shut down Dman other than Kronner and he's overwhelmed. With helm and bert out it's really caused our youth to play up with out the "lengthy" conditioning process they usually have. I agree with Abdelkader playing on the top line theres a major problem. Hes a 3rd line guy 2nd line guy at best on a short bench. Filpulla has been horrible this year and yea Franzen isnt doing much be was also sidelined a major portion of the season with an injury. Also they picked up Samuelson for him to play 3 games all year? what a joKe! Without Howie playing strong between the pipes the wings will for sure be enjoying an extended golf season!  :nono:  :nono:

#7 dmare13

dmare13
  • LocationOC, California

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

I do see detroit making it. They always seem to find a way, so it would be a little foolish to count them out just yet. I do agree that Holland is sleeping right now. Detroit is my favorite team, always has been, they were the first team i ever saw play. It's hard to watch us right now, honestly. QUINCEY IS A FUCKIN JOKE, just saying. He makes the most turnovers i've ever seen a defensemen make. Franzen and Fil arent doing anything at all this year. And someone please get Abdelkader off the top line with Pav and Hank?! what a joke that is.

with all this being said, our youth is unreal right now. Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Dekeyser, Smith, Lashoff, Kindl (i guess). Jarnkrok? Frk? Jurco? Sproul? Ouellet? Mrazek? That's not even all the youth talent Detroit has right now. Are the younger boys ready to play right now? no. but they'll be very strong when they are.

Lidstrom leaving fuckin sucked. But Detroit will get through it, they always do. Have faith boys.
Always looking for some Nasty Toe Curves in a Righty

#8 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

After watching the det/pho game, I really think Detroit will make it. They played with a lot of desperation and their top players/depth came through.As we all know, you just gotta get in and anything can happen. 

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#9 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Really hope CBJ makes it though, they deserve it

#10 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Cbj can take mn spot. They're playing like crap! They always start strong but play horrible at the end when it matters! I hope detroit takes the 7th seed and cbj takes 8th. LGRW!

#11 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

I want to see bobrovsky on the case in the playoffs!

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#12 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

If Columbus makes it bobs better be nominated for the Vezina over price! He carried that team on his shoulders!

#13 Oey444

Oey444
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Cbj can take mn spot. They're playing like crap! They always start strong but play horrible at the end when it matters! I hope detroit takes the 7th seed and cbj takes 8th. LGRW!

This is exactly what I want to see

Go Sens Go!

Go Jets Go!

Always interested in any Sens gear.

LF: Spezza Luxes/Coverts, Kovy Luxes, EK65 Coverts, EK65 gear in general

#14 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Dude if CBJ makes the playoffs, bob wins the vezina AND gets a hart nomination, he is the heart and soul of that team. NUMBER ONE COP ON THE FORCE!

#15 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

After watching the det/pho game, I really think Detroit will make it. They played with a lot of desperation and their top players/depth came through.As we all know, you just gotta get in and anything can happen. 

Howard is giving them a fair shot , they lost a lot of 1 goal games and their offensive finally came to play that night.
What was the stat regarding PP , first time all year they scored 2 goals on the PP or first time they scored
2 goals in the 1st period ??

Great come back win for Sj to keep Dallas in 10th

#16 robert48124

robert48124
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Living in Dearborn, Mich. all my life I hope they fail to make the playoffs. I'm so sick of these so called "fans" trying to explain a wings loss. Most of the time it's the refs. fault or the league is against them. How about the fact that Babcocks stuff has grown old on the players and Detroit is no longer a choice destnation.Maybe they should have brought in some younger talent over the years instead of picking up has beens for the last months of the year and throwing away first round draft choices. Now akasmall_Kitten I'm not talking about the fans who supported the team in the dark years, just the "hockeytown" fans. You know the ones, the ones who have never watched a game if Detroit is not playing. "why would I watch hockey if it's not Detroit" The ones who arrive at the game with 7 mins. left in the first perid,  spend most of the night running to the beer stand. They leave with 8 mins. to go in the third of a tie game and have to read the paper to find out who won. thats why I wish them to fail.

#17 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Big loss last night for Dallas. Must win tonight vs the kings!

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#18 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Detroit is pouring on the pressure ... 4th line is on fire.

#19 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

I hear you Robert ... The whole of Toronto is full of those fans , they will be running rampant this year.
The news will be all over it to , makes me sick.

I have been a Wings fan since I was a child , Glen Hanlon days ...
I'm not sure how I became a fan but I think it was because I liked the way his hockey card looked. Hahaha
When the wings would play Toronto in the play offs I'd be on the street waving my wings flag. Mother
Thought I was nuts. .... And every year they'd come to maple leaf gardens at the end of December or jan and I'd
Take my British grandad to watch and I'd have to pee in the old horse troff things they used as urinals.

I love the wings.

#20 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm a Boston fan but the last few games each night really feel like playoffs. Pissed me off that wings won. I wanna see Columbus do it up without nash. They deserve it.