Photo

CCM "Team" Pro Stocks

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 prostockhockeysales

prostockhockeysales

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

What exactly is the difference between a team stick and a players custom pro stock as well as the retail version of the stick?

#2 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

The team stick is 1 level under the top of the line

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#3 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:32 AM

Ibeck is right and I think it's super shady by CCM. They're taking advantage of pro stock buyers. I heard now too that they are not even showing anywhere on the stick that they are team stock with the highest end graphic but the actual stick could be anything ccm line!!!
Liddy:-)

#4 AussieCanuckHockeyLover

AussieCanuckHockeyLover

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

So it's a cheaper stick, but made to look like a "team stick"......tisk tisk, CCM! Very sketch

#5 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

I'm pretty sure the teams that are ordering and buying the sticks know exactly what they're getting. If they're being sold as pro return, then that's on the supplier to properly list what the stick is. CCM has literally nothing to do with that. You don't buy pro stock gear directly from CCM, you buy it from a third party.

As far as the graphics, of course they're going to market their most expensive stick. That's marketing 101 and has been the pro stock method forever.

#6 Adam

Adam

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

Steel nation is right, at least with the rbz stage 2, ccm fully informed us what we were getting when it came time to order them. They aren't advertised as a pro stock from ccm, they're advertised as a team model.

#7 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:21 PM

Isnt it just a more durable 2nd from the top model for the lower budget teams? Still pro stock but just a different option

IG: Fooj Media

#8 r1x3

r1x3

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:51 AM

This was asked and answered here: http://www.sports2k....ks-lk/?p=307176but I will reiterate:

The "Team" sticks are a custom product. They are not a retail product. It's a separate construction altogether that is designed to meet the needs of junior level hockey, i.e. increased durability in the shaft while blending features of products to get a stick that the largest cross-section of players would want to use, reducing complexity for EQMs and team buyers. 

TLDR: The idea that CCM "Team" sticks are a retail product that's had a new graphic applied is simply untrue.

#9 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:39 PM

Is it fused or spear?

Custom everything.

#10 airmaxone95

airmaxone95
  • LocationOntario

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:37 PM

Is it fused or spear?

slightly kreps i believe

#11 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:40 AM

slightly kreps i believe

What.

Custom everything.

#12 r1x3

r1x3

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:15 PM

Is it fused or spear?

Depends on the model as they have changed over time. Your retailer should be able to communicate the construction of the stick to you when inquiring about purchasing one.