Photo

Ek15 vs n12 vs vapor stick question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

How do ek15, n12 and vapor sticks compare? Also if I go sherwood what would be close to a p92 lie 5?

#2 enzofox77

enzofox77
  • LocationWaterloo, Ontario

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

the sherwood pp92 (trouba) curve is exactly a p92 lie 5. I came from the apx and apx2 to the ek15, and I didn't really have to change anything. The ek15 is a low kick stick, so it played very similar to how my apx2 played. The only differences I could tell was that the ek15 feels lighter (the apx2 was already a light stick which had really good balance), and the blade felt a bit more lively on the ek15 (easier feeling the puck on the blade). I am still using the ek15 to this day and I love it.

The only thing that worried me was the durability of the ek15. I have been using it for 3-4 months so far and it still plays like it was new. I only have a small dent near the hosel which i got from faceoffs. I really thought that the stick was going to break on my next shot based the chip, but it still plays like it was new. 

The n12 is a mid kick stick. I haven't used it so I cannot comment on it, but if you coming from the vapour line then I would recommend the ek15.